This salmon tartare is incredibly delicious with apple (Celery can be used) and herbs and makes it discreet and mild in taste.
Also read our: What is KETO?
Which we think tastes and is fantastic, so you can really taste the salmon and the fresher the salmon has been since it has been frozen.
The better it tastes …
There it can really be a good idea to freeze the salmon yourself, so you know how fresh it has been at the time of freezing.
REMEMBER that your salmon must have been frozen for a minimum of 24 hours, as it must be eaten raw!
Starter for six people
What to use:
400 grams fresh salmon
100 grams smoked salmon
1 shallot or 1 small onion
1 green apple (the sour ones)
Half a cucumber
5 tablespoons olive oil or sour cream 38%
½-1 tbsp mustard
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped herbs (dill, chervil or maybe a little mint)
Tip for recipe without apple:
You can replace the apple with celery. Use about 1 or 2 celery for each apple. It gives you the same crunch but fewer carbohydrates.
Also read: BEST SALMON TARTARE RECIPES – KETO STYLE
How to do:
- Cut the fresh (raw) salmon and cut the smoked salmon into cubes. Remember that the fresh must have been frozen for a minimum of 24 hours when it is to be eaten raw.
- Stir a dressing of oil or sour cream, mustard, lemon and herbs and mix the salmon gently into the dressing.
- Cut the apple into small cubes and finely chop the shallot or 1 small onion.
- Peel the cucumber and scrape the wet center out and discard. Cut the rest of the cucumber into cubes. Mix all parts into a delicious tartar.
- If you have a small food ring or cake ring, you can make the dish look really nice.
Tips for a lunch dish:
Can be served with a delicious Nordic ‘stone Age’ Nut and Seed Bread with sea salt and oregano.
Below are links to some of ours best KETO salmon tartars:
Love from Nat and Mike