Keto and Low-Carb beef tenderloin dinner with bearnaise sauce and bacon asparagus
It’s just so delicious with a good piece of meat and lots of good sauce ( Cauliflower bearnaise ), especially when even the vegetables ( Asparagus ) are wrapped in bacon.
It is definitely not everyday food, but when the weekend knocks on the door or some good friends come to visit.. Well then it must be time and especially because when you live on keto every day, you eat a lot of meat all the time. Then you have to find ways to make weekends or party dinners differently.
On weekdays we eat a lot of chicken or minced meat, so on the weekends it is veal or beef.
This recipe is for 4 to 6 people.
What to use:
2 pund of beef tenderloin
10 -12 Asparagus
10 -12 Slices of bacon
1 Small cauliflower head or 0.66 pund
1 Tbs fresh tarragon ( Can use 2 tbs of the same )
1 Tbs dried tarragon ( Can use 2 tbs of the same )
2 Tbs Fresh rosemary
4 Pasteurized egg yolks
1 Tbs Bearnaise Essens
2 Cup butter
1 Ts Salt
1 Ts Pepper
How to do:
- Trim the beef roast and cut 1.18 inches thick steaks out of it or buy the beef steaks cut out
- Leave the beef steaks ( Remember salt, pepper and a little rosemary ) on the cutting board 30 to 60 minutes before frying. It makes the beef more tender and flavorful.
- Clean the asparagus and crack or cut off the bottom
Now for the sauce
- Boil cauliflower tender in a small saucepan, approx. 7 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Pour off the water and blend the cauliflower bouquets with a hand blender
- Add egg yolks and blend again.
- Pour butter in together with the cauliflower in a thin stream and blend at the same time
- Stir in the béarnaise essence and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
Back to the meat
- Now roll the bacon around each and put them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees or on the grill for 10 minutes.
- Place the beef tenderloin steaks on a grill pan or on the grill. When they are 1.18 inch thick they should have 3 minutes on each side and they will be pink inside
Also read: LCHF #8 Beginner Mistake
Bon Appetit from Nat and Mike