Cauliflower bearnaise. Why change the best sauce by putting cauliflower in?
But cauliflower béarnaise should just be tried. And then the vegetables get a completely different dimension and the extra cauliflower only does good for body and soul.
Another thing is that a plain bearnaise sauce is hard to make for most people.
A third thing. Many people find it easier to buy ready-made bearnaise, and there are also some good ones on the market, but they are usually made with rapeseed oil, while the real bearnaise (and this also applies to the cauliflower bearnaise) is made with butter.
The good news:
Cauliflower béarnaise is easy to make and you will benefit from the good butter.
Also read: Keto beef tenderloin with bearnaise sauce
This recipe is for 4 to 6 people.
What to use:
1 Small cauliflower head or 0.66 pund
1 Tbs fresh tarragon ( Can use 2 tbs of the same )
1 Tbs dried tarragon ( Can use 2 tbs of the same )
4 Pasteurized egg yolks
1 Tbs Bearnaise Essens
1 Cup butter
1 Ts Salt
1 Ts Pepper
How about Keto dessert – Read: Very Easy dessert – Keto and low-carb for the family
How to do:
- Boil cauliflower tender in a small saucepan, approx. 7 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Pour off the water and blend the cauliflower bouquets with a hand blender
- Add egg yolks and blend again.
- Pour butter in together with the cauliflower in a thin stream and blend at the same time
- Stir in the béarnaise essence and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
Ready to serve
Bon Appetit from Nat and Mike